Is Scheduler API for me?
Scheduler API is for you if you use SQS and need to delay delivery of SQS messages. We offer API's for: scheduling
cancelling scheduled SQS messages
changing the delay for already scheduled messages
checking the status of scheduled messages
What are some use cases for this?
- Emails - Let's say you have a service that sends emails. Some emails you want to schedule more than 15 minutes later. You can use Scheduler API to delay
those messages. When the delay expires, we would then publish the message to your queue.
- Race conditions - Delivery delays can be used to overcome race conditions in distributed systems. For example,
a service could insert a row into a table, and sends a message about its
availability to other services. They can't use the new entry just yet, so you use scheduler API to delay publishing the SQS message.
- Handling retries - Sometimes if a message fails you want to retry with exponential backoffs. You can
do this by calling scheduler API with increasingly longer delay times.
How do I use this?
It takes less than 5 minutes to schedule your first SQS message:
- Create an account here.
- Subscribe you SQS queue to the SNS delayed topic we create for your account.
- Make a test API request to confirm everything is up and running.
See our quickstart guide here for more detailed instructions.
Why not build it myself?
Our #1 goal is your ease of use. We are confident that 5 minutes integrating with our API will save you months of engineering time.
Building a scheduler is fraught with complications. Guaranteeing SLA's, handling failures and retries, easy logging, and supporting cancel and edit-delay features are difficult. Save yourself the hassle and focus your engineering time on the product features that matter. Not the scheduler.
What are the SLA's?
Scheduled delivery is guaranteed within a second. We can handle traffic in the hundreds of millions of API requests per monthly easily. For any support beyond, see our Enterprise plan here.
How much does it cost?
It's free to try! Your first 10,000 API calls are free every month. If you need more scale and support, we have multiple tiers for your needs. See below for plans and pricing.
How can I contact you?
Questions? Need other requirements? We'd love to chat! Contact us here with any questions or feedback. We guarantee you a response to all inquiries within a day.